Saturday, October 1, 2011

Battle of marching pairs


In this painting, The idea wast to create texture. It took me a while to come up with an idea but I eventually came up with this. The texture is found on the front four pairs closest to the edge of the painting and also on the bricks. I love how the bricks actually feel real although looking real not so much. I wish I could have finished the pairs in one day because coming back the second day trying to finish it I couldn't get the right color to come up again. I also think I should have made the concrete sidewalk a little bit darker.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! You did a lot of work since I last saw this. Impressive job with perspective and colors. This is piece is very surrealistic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece inspired my piece with the fruit on the table.. I really like it, the brick looks very realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this painting. the bricks look amazing! they look so real, i kind of want to touch them they look that real. i wish your picture didn't have the date on it, it takes away from how good this panting really is. I agree with the darker sidewalk. Also i think some of the lines aren't straight that should be. but i don't really notice it. and i think this is the third time ive said this but i love this painting. your really good with texture

    ReplyDelete
  4. The texture of this is amazing, and the angle of these walls that you decided to capture really shows some awesome perspective work. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a really good job on this. I think you have the perspective down perfectly and the texture on the pears adds so much. Oh and I love the colors you used for the pears! They aren't all the same so it keeps it interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These bricks look so real and your technique and pattern is really effective for the piece.

    ReplyDelete